Tech for Common Good is a cross-sector collaborative launched by Independent Sector to understand and advance tech adoption and utilization in the social sector. Our rationale is simple – civil society’s impact will increase exponentially when tech is fully embraced and better leveraged. The collaborative is focused on generating awareness, improving tech literacy, and over time, showing the connection between technology and impact.
- Surface “what works” regionally and nationally.
- Identify pilot initiatives as well as bundled service packages.
- Advocate for changes to advance sector-wide tech adoption.
- Work with partners to map data and track progress.
Innovate for Good Challenge
The Innovate for Good Challenge, supported by Independent Sector and lead sponsor Accenture, will recognize organizations catalyzing social change using new I.T. such as artificial intelligence, blockchain, or extended reality.
The 2018 winners are:
- First Place: Connect Our Kids
- Second Place: YWCA Silicon Valley
- Third Place: Raheem a.i.
All finalists received cash prizes. Connect Our Kids will also receive professional services from Accenture to help support their work.