In this episode, Kristina, Ben, and Allison celebrate Earth Day and youth activism, and highlight the latest nonprofit policy happenings here in DC. Allison also shares the unrelated business income tax (UBIT) origin story, which includes a New York university and macaroni. Kristina and Allison are then joined by Joseph Cordes, professor at The George Washington University, to discuss the research he conducted on UBIT and what he plans to do next to help nonprofits understand the effects of these tax provisions.
Let us know what you think in the comments below, using #VoicesforGood on social media, or sending us an email. You can also listen to Voices for Good on Apple Podcasts and Google Play, so subscribe and rate us today!
Learn more about the podcast and the upcoming schedule.
- 7 things we’ve learned about Earth since the last Earth Day, Vox
- Supreme Court will take up LGBT employee discrimination cases next term, CNN
- NYU Owned a Noodle Factory, NYUlocal.com
- DC Download – April, Independent Sector
- Research on UBIT Provisions in 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, Independent Sector
- A record number of congresswomen are mothers. Here’s a glimpse inside their first-ever caucus., The Washington Post