In this episode, Kristina and Ben discuss the latest headlines and how upcoming impeachment hearings may impact how quickly nonprofit policy issues move through Congress. They also sit with Sherry Salway Black, long-time advocate and champion for Native American communities’ self-determination, asset building, community investment, and cultural revitalization. The 2019 John W. Gardner Leadership Award recipient also discusses what she’s looking forward to at Upswell, our upcoming annual gathering in Chicago, where she will accept the award.
Let us know what you think in the comments below, using #VoicesforGood on social media, or sending us an email. You can also listen to Voices for Good on Apple Podcasts and Google Play, so subscribe and rate us today!
Learn more about the podcast and the upcoming schedule.
- DC Download – October 2019, Independent Sector
- Sherry Salway Black Named 2019 Gardner Award Recipient, Independent Sector
- Growing Inequity: Large Foundation Giving to Native American Organizations and Causes – 2006-2014, First Nations Development Institute
- Changing the Narrative about Native Americans: A Guide for Allies, First Nations Development Institute
- Illuminative Launches Toolkit to Help Change Indian Country Narrative, Native News Online
- Recognizing Chicago’s Original Stewards During Upswell’s Opening, Upswell