This episode, Jamie and Kristina need extra help to explain unrelated business income tax (UBIT) – yes, that’s a tax on tax-exempt organizations. We also discuss babies in the Senate, changes in Congress, and IRS bills. Guests include IS’ Carolyn Mollen and League of American Orchestras’ Heather Noonan, who help us explain how the tax bill passed in December had provisions that increase taxes on nonprofits, hindering their ability to deliver on their missions. Hear what you can do about it.
Let us know what you think in the comments below, using #VoicesforGood on social media, or sending us an email. You can also listen to Voices for Good on Apple Podcasts and Google Play, so subscribe and rate us today!
Learn more about the podcast and the upcoming schedule.
More information on UBIT:
- How The Beatles Predicted Your 2018 Tax Increase, Independent Sector
- Internal Revenue Service’s UBIT resources
- National Council of Nonprofits UBIT resources
- ASAE Shares Guidance on “Siloing” of UBIT, Associations Now
- New Unrelated Business Taxable Income Liability for Providing Certain Fringe Benefits, Ropes & Gray podcast
- Some Employers Can’t Abandon Newly Taxable Commuting Benefits, Tax Analysts