Make plans now to attend the webinar, “Voting Rights & Advocacy: A Sector Call to Action,” co-sponsored by Independent Sector and United Philanthropy Forum and inspired by their mutual understanding of the critical importance of voting rights and support for the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act. Speakers will share insights on:
- the history and background of the Voting Rights Act,
- how philanthropy can make a difference on the issue, and
- the importance of collective, cross-sector advocacy.
It is critically important that Congress pass federal legislation this year to strengthen oversight of state and local voting laws to prevent barriers to voting before elections occur. Don’t miss this wide-ranging webinar discussion and role you can play in a sector-wide call to action.
Webinar speakers include:
- Cedric Richmond, Senior Advisor to the President of the United States and Director of The White House Office of Public Engagement
- Justin Vail, Special Assistant to the President of the United States for Democracy and Civic Participation
- Jesselyn McCurdy, Interim VP for Government Affairs and Managing Director, The Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights
- Allison Grayson, Director, Policy Development and Analysis, Independent Sector
- Matthew L. Evans, Director of Public Policy, United Philanthropy Forum
Read Independent Sector’s position on voting policies and its support of the John Lewis Voting Rights Advancement Act, as well United Philanthropy Forum’s Public Policy Principles for the 117th Congress.
This webinar is open to members of United Philanthropy Forum and Independent Sector. It also is open to members of United Philanthropy Forum and Independent Sector members.