Vulnerable populations across the U.S. are being disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. The disparities faced by these communities reflect the ongoing consequences of inequality, structural racism, and unequal access to affordable health care that factor prominently in the pandemic death rate.
During our April 21 webinar, Independent Sector and Equity in the Center partnered for a conversation about how our response efforts can rapidly accelerate equitable outcomes. They also discussed how your organization can proactively apply a race equity lens to your COVID-19 response and help ensure that race equity is a priority in our collective pandemic-focused efforts.
For additional framing and context for this webinar, please review the following articles:
- Building for Justice: Strategic Thinking in a Long-Term Crisis, Equity in the Center
- COVID-19: Using a Racial Justice Lens Now to Transform Our Future, Nonprofit Quarterly
- Ring the Alarm: COVID-19 Presents Grave Danger to Communities of Color, Colorlines.com
- COVID-19 will not Affect Everyone the Same, Consumer Health Foundation
- The COVID-19 Crisis is a Racial Justice Issue & our Response must Prioritize the Power of Black, Indigenous, Latinx & Other People of Color, Weissberg Foundation
Watch the recording:
In partnership with