Independent Sector congratulates 26 distinguished leaders of member organizations, including our very own Dan Cardinali, for being named to the Power & Influence Top 50 by The NonProfit Times (NPT).
IS Members include:
- Judy Belk, California Wellness Foundation
- Lucy Bernholz, Stanford University Center on Philanthropy and Civil Society
- David Biemsderfer, United Philanthropy Forum
- Fred Blackwell, San Francisco Foundation*
- Jeffrey L. Bradach, Bridgespan Group*
- Donna Murray-Brown, Michigan Nonprofit Association
- Michael Brown, City Year
- Nancy Brown, American Heart Association
- Phil Buchanan, The Center for Effective Philanthropy
- James Canales, The Barr Foundation
- Jean Case, The Case Foundation
- Susan Dreyfus, Alliance for Strong Families and Communities
- Brian Gallagher, United Way Worldwide
- Helene D. Gayle, Chicago Community Trust
- Jacob Harold, Guidestar USA, Inc.
- Eileen R. Heisman, National Philanthropic Trust
- Susan Desmond-Hellmann, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Robert Lynch, Americans for the Arts*
- Sr. Donna Markham, Catholic Charities USA
- Luz Vega-Marquis, Marguerite Casey Foundation
- Michael Marsicano, Foundation for the Carolinas
- Julia Stasch, John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation
- Henry Timms, 92nd Street Y*
- Judy Vredenburgh, Girls Inc.
- Anne Wallestad, BoardSource
- Kevin Washington, YMCA of the USA
* indicates IS Board Member
Each year, NPT selects leaders who have “distinguished themselves as initiators of concepts that will have legs and are already having impact.”
The 2018 honorees are selected from a group of 300 executives and a committee of NPT staff, contributors, and select executives are involved in the selection process. The group will meet for an annual gala at The National Press Club next month where one will receive the NPT Innovator of the Year Award.
Congratulations, again, to all the selected leaders. Thank you for your contributions to the charitable community and the people and missions we all serve.