At a time when societal distrust is rising, there is arguably no leadership skill more critical than the ability to spot dilemmas and make sound ethical decisions. Ethical Leadership is designed to help current and aspiring social-impact leaders unleash their potential by equipping them with an ethical lens. This course, co-produced by the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance and Independent Sector, walks you through the key issues and risks facing social-impact leaders, providing real-world examples, tools and strategies. You will also receive a valuable toolkit of resources that will benefit you today and for years to come.
Independent Sector members receive a 20% discount. Use coupon code “NonprofitPartner”.
What you’ll learn:
- An understanding of the situations and behaviors that put an organization at risk;
- Strategies for addressing ethical dilemmas immediately, before they fester;
- A framework for ethical decision-making;
- Confidence they can lead through a wide range of ethical dilemmas;
- A resource library packed full of tools such as sample policies and procedures.
What to Expect
Come with an open mind and willingness to share your experiences and ideas. An important part of the learning process comes from engagement with your peers.
- The coursework will take you 3-5 hours per week (includes readings, videos and assignments).
- This course is completely asynchronous and can be completed any time during the 3-week course run. Due dates are provided to keep you on track and allow facilitator and peer feedback to enhance your learning.
- Course requirements include postings and assignments that allow you to apply what you are learning to a real-world setting.
After successful completion of this course, participants earn the Ethical Leadership in Nonprofit Organizations e-Certificate. This digital badge can be automatically uploaded to your LinkedIn profile and other digital platforms. This is a third-party verified digital recognition that underscores the competencies you gained through your participation in this course
You need a computer or smart device with access to the internet.
Instructional Material Requirements
The instructional materials required for this course are included in enrollment and will be available online
You will have access to the learning platform and the course materials on the course start date. This course is self-paced, and you will be able to complete the course requirements anytime during the 3-week period.
Note: Full participation in this course is applicable for 9 points in Category 1.B – Education of the CFRE International application for initial certification and/or recertification.
Course developed in partnership with