Local, regional, and national social good leaders and activists met in Detroit to collaborate and network over three action-packed days of Our Common Future, a joint conference of Independent Sector, Michigan Nonprofit Association, and the Council of Michigan Foundations.
A huge thank you to all the sponsors and exhibitors who made the event possible, and sincere appreciation for all the attendees, speakers, guest bloggers, and social media posters who helped engage and make meaning of the topics and issues discussed.
For those who missed it, here are some pieces to summarize the key takeaways from Our Common Future.
- Opening Plenary Highlights Detroit’s Innovation and Creativity, by Rishi Moudgil, GreenLight Fund Detroit
- Day 1 in Review, by Debra Rainey, Independent Sector
- Making Magic and Opening Pathways Through a Common Future, by Ola Ojewumi, Sacred Hearts Children’s Transplant Foundation and Project ASCEND
- A Time to Reassess, Recalibrate, Recommit, remarks by Rip Rapson, The Kresge Foundation
- Day 2 in Review, by Debra Rainey, Independent Sector
- Closing Our Common Future in America’s Comeback City, by Adiel Suarez-Murias, Philanthropy for Active Civic Engagement
- Day 3 in Review, by Debra Rainey, Independent Sector
Check back soon for video recordings of the main plenary presentations. And we hope you’ll join us next year. Save the date for Upswell, a new social change and learning experience, November 14-16, 2018 in Los Angeles.